We welcome the involvement of our families in the educational program of their children. To insure the safety of our children and to maintain a quality learning environment for our students, we ask that you adhere to the following procedures when visiting Sycamore elementary schools. Thank you for your continued interest in your child’s education.
- On entering the school, report to the office, sign in and list the reason for your visit, and pick up a visitor badge.
- All visits to the classroom need to be pre-arranged with the classroom teacher.
- If younger siblings are brought with you, this must be cleared with the classroom teacher. Siblings are not allowed to accompany chaperones on field trips.
- If volunteering in a classroom, confidentiality of students’ abilities, behaviors, or discipline matters is a necessity.
- If the teacher is not in the classroom when you arrive, please wait outside the classroom for that teacher.
- If you need to drop something off for a teacher, please leave it with office personnel.
- Impromptu visits may not be allowed due to classroom schedules. Always pre-arrange visits with the teacher.
- Please drop off items for your children in the office. Office personnel will deliver those items to the classroom. We want to minimize the disruptions to the classroom instruction.