The WSO is comprised of West Elementary School parents and educators. The WSO promotes and encourages communication among parents, teachers, administration, and the community. The WSO sponsors and organizes school events, which deepen our community spirit and enhances our children’s educational experiences at West School. The efforts of the WSO are implemented with the goal of providing the best possible educational experiences for the students at West Elementary School. Please feel free to attend WSO meetings, typically held in West Elementary School’s Learning Center.
Co-President – Vanessa Saam
Co-President – Lyndsey Simonds
Secretary – Tammy O’Neil
Treasurer – Allison Yates
2017-2018 Meeting Dates
A great way to find out what is going on and how money is being spent! Every parent has a voice and is a member. All meetings will take place at 7:00 PM in the West Elementary School Learning Center.
- Monday, September 11 – Minutes
- Monday, October 9 – Minutes
- Monday, November 13 – Minutes
- Monday, January 8 – Minutes
- Monday, February 12 – Minutes
- Monday, March 12 – Minutes
- Monday, April 9 – Minutes
- Monday, May 14 – Minutes
The WSO is proud to offer a $500 scholarship to a Sycamore High School graduating senior each year. To be eligible a student must have attended West Elementary School for at least two years, and maintain full-time status while attending the college or vocational school of their choice.
To apply for this scholarship:
- Complete the application.
- Submit a typed, double spaced essay (500 word maximum) of a favorite memory you have from West Elementary School.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher, employer, or advisor.
Completed application, essay, and letter of recomendation should be mailed to the address below, postmarked no later than Friday, April 25, 2107
WSO Scholarship Committee
c/o Vanessa Saam – WSO President
240 S. Fair Street
Sycamore, IL 60178